Loving Korean Drama

It still amazes me on how Korean dramas has piqued my interest and led me to veer away from the entertainment world I’m in.  It’s not that I’m no longer fascinated in Philippine showbiz, but K-world has given me the verve I need these days.


I think it was in 2005 when I started getting used to Koreanovelas.  I used to hate the idea that these dramas are dubbed in Tagalog. Then I realized it’s the same as watching Marimar in the ‘90s, which started all these foreign programs dubbed in Tagalog being shown in the country. 


With Korean dramas like Endless Love series Winter Sonata and Autumn in My Heart followed by Full House, Stairway to Heaven and Jewel in the Palace, I couldn’t stop myself from watching these programs in local television. Soon, I did not just get used to these dramas, they became part of my system. 

To make it more detailed, it was in early 2011 when I found myself totally hooked in Korean dramas.  Thanks to Secret Garden because I unwittingly embraced the cosmic universe of Kdrama.  And my interest grew more and more especially when I finished watching Secret Garden.  Sometimes I wish that our local television companies could deliver such  stories.  And so my addiction began...


With actors like Hyun Bin, Lee Min Ho, Jang Keun Suk, Ha Ji Won, Yoon Eun Hye, Park Yoochun, Song Joongki, Kwon Sang Woo, Song Hye Kyo, Kim Hyun Joong and others, my Korean world is becoming more colorful and more interesting.  










No comments:

Post a Comment